objectFromDataRow(String, DataRow) exist not in cayenne-1.2

objectFromDataRow(String, DataRow) exist not in cayenne-1.2

Kumarunster
Hello

This method:

DataContext.objectFromDataRow(String, DataRow) exist not in cayenne-1.2 (is
however described here http://cwiki.apache.org/CAYDOC/data-rows.html
and in local User-Guide from download package cayenne-1.2)

it exists a method objectFromDataRow(Class, DataRow, boolean), but i have a
problem with it:

dataObjectInt = dataContext.objectFromDataRow( MyClass.class, (DataRow) row,
true);

the error message is (from eclipse 3.2):

"The method objectFromDataRow(Class, DataRow, boolean) in the type
DataContext is not applicable for the arguments (Class, DataRow, boolean)"

What is that???

need help

Nikolai

Re: objectFromDataRow(String, DataRow) exist not in cayenne-1.2

Mike Kienenberger
On 8/3/06, Nikolai Raitsev <[hidden email]> wrote:

> DataContext.objectFromDataRow(String, DataRow) exist not in cayenne-1.2 (is
> however described here http://cwiki.apache.org/CAYDOC/data-rows.html
> and in local User-Guide from download package cayenne-1.2)
>
> it exists a method objectFromDataRow(Class, DataRow, boolean), but i have a
> problem with it:
>
> dataObjectInt = dataContext.objectFromDataRow( MyClass.class, (DataRow) row,
> true);
>
> the error message is (from eclipse 3.2):
>
> "The method objectFromDataRow(Class, DataRow, boolean) in the type
> DataContext is not applicable for the arguments (Class, DataRow, boolean)"

Are you using the right package for DataRow?   Maybe you're importing
some other DataRow class (I don't see how the package could be wrong
for Class or boolean).

Re: objectFromDataRow(String, DataRow) exist not in cayenne-1.2

Kumarunster
I am a nincompoop:))

thats right, I used wrong package,

thank you, mike

2006/8/3, Mike Kienenberger <[hidden email]>:

> On 8/3/06, Nikolai Raitsev <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > DataContext.objectFromDataRow(String, DataRow) exist not in cayenne-1.2(is
> > however described here http://cwiki.apache.org/CAYDOC/data-rows.html
> > and in local User-Guide from download package cayenne-1.2)
> >
> > it exists a method objectFromDataRow(Class, DataRow, boolean), but i
> have a
> > problem with it:
> >
> > dataObjectInt = dataContext.objectFromDataRow( MyClass.class, (DataRow)
> row,
> > true);
> >
> > the error message is (from eclipse 3.2):
> >
> > "The method objectFromDataRow(Class, DataRow, boolean) in the type
> > DataContext is not applicable for the arguments (Class, DataRow,
> boolean)"
>
> Are you using the right package for DataRow?   Maybe you're importing
> some other DataRow class (I don't see how the package could be wrong
> for Class or boolean).

Re: objectFromDataRow(String, DataRow) exist not in cayenne-1.2

Mike Kienenberger
It's only obvious after it's happened to you.  :-)