[VOTE] Cayenne 3.1.2 release

Nikita Timofeev
Hi all,

Here is maintenance release of 3.1 branch with several bug-fixes (see
RELEASE-NOTES).

Maven repo: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecayenne-1020/
Assemblies: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cayenne/3.1.2/

Please evaluate it and cast your votes.

Best regards,
Nikita Timofeev

Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.1.2 release

Amedeo Mantica
Cool

+1

> On 13 Nov 2017, at 10:35, Nikita Timofeev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Here is maintenance release of 3.1 branch with several bug-fixes (see
> RELEASE-NOTES).
>
> Maven repo: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecayenne-1020/
> Assemblies: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cayenne/3.1.2/
>
> Please evaluate it and cast your votes.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Nikita Timofeev

Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.1.2 release

Just a head's up ... likely won't get to this until Sunday.

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 4:35 AM, Nikita Timofeev <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Here is maintenance release of 3.1 branch with several bug-fixes (see
> RELEASE-NOTES).
>
> Maven repo: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/
> orgapachecayenne-1020/
> Assemblies: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cayenne/3.1.2/
>
> Please evaluate it and cast your votes.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Nikita Timofeev

Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.1.2 release

Andrus Adamchik
I too plan on voting over the weekend.

Andrus

> On Nov 16, 2017, at 4:27 PM, Michael Gentry <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Just a head's up ... likely won't get to this until Sunday.
>
> Thanks,
>
> mrg
>

> On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 4:35 AM, Nikita Timofeev <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Here is maintenance release of 3.1 branch with several bug-fixes (see
>> RELEASE-NOTES).
>>
>> Maven repo: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/
>> orgapachecayenne-1020/
>> Assemblies: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cayenne/3.1.2/
>>
>> Please evaluate it and cast your votes.
>>
>> --
>> Best regards,
>> Nikita Timofeev

Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.1.2 release

All of my release steps passed.  +1

Thanks!

mrg

wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Here is maintenance release of 3.1 branch with several bug-fixes (see
> RELEASE-NOTES).
>
> Maven repo: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/
> orgapachecayenne-1020/
> Assemblies: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cayenne/3.1.2/
>
> Please evaluate it and cast your votes.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Nikita Timofeev

Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.1.2 release

Just executed my checklist:

1. MD5/SHA512 matches
2. Signature checks
3. rat passes
4. LICENSE and NOTICE files present in the root of the distro
5. builds from source
6. Modeler runs on OS X
7. Cross-platform Modeler runs on OS X
8. Modeler runs on Windows

There was a minor issue with #5 - some tests would fail due to the unreliable cleanup process for the test DB, same as the recent Jenkins failure [1]. There's nothing wrong with the tests themselves, and cleanup process was fixed long time ago via massive refactoring in 4.0. In 3.1 this issue was not unexpected.

So here is my +1.

Andrus

[1] https://builds.apache.org/job/cayenne-31/cayenneTestConnection=derby,jdk=JDK%201.8%20(latest),slave=ubuntu/144/

> On Nov 13, 2017, at 12:35 PM, Nikita Timofeev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Here is maintenance release of 3.1 branch with several bug-fixes (see
> RELEASE-NOTES).
>
> Maven repo: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecayenne-1020/
> Assemblies: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cayenne/3.1.2/
>
> Please evaluate it and cast your votes.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Nikita Timofeev

Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.1.2 release

Nikita Timofeev
Here is my +1

And final voting results are following:

Michael Gentry (PMC): +1
Andrus Adamchik (PMC): +1
Nikita Timofeev (PMC): +1

And non-binding +1 vote from Amadeo Mantica.

I'll perform everything needed to finish this release.

Thanks everyone!

--
Best regards,
Nikita Timofeev