[VOTE] 4.1.M1 release

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[VOTE] 4.1.M1 release

Nikita Timofeev
Hi all,

While 4.0.B2 is almost done, I have 4.1.M1 release finally ready (hope
it's better this time).
This version should support Java 9 (clean build, MacOS and generic
modeler; Windows Modeler still broken).
It includes fixes for problems found during first evaluation:
CAY-2366, compatibility issues with new project version and field
based data objects.

Please evaluate it and cast your votes.

Maven repo: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecayenne-1019
Assemblies: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cayenne/4.1.M1/

--
Best regards,
Nikita Timofeev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] 4.1.M1 release

Michael Gentry
+1

I was a bit concerned when it failed my Java 7 build, but then I remembered
we were dropping support for Java 7 with 4.1...

I don't have Java 9, so I didn't test that.

Thanks!

mrg


On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 7:11 AM, Nikita Timofeev <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> While 4.0.B2 is almost done, I have 4.1.M1 release finally ready (hope
> it's better this time).
> This version should support Java 9 (clean build, MacOS and generic
> modeler; Windows Modeler still broken).
> It includes fixes for problems found during first evaluation:
> CAY-2366, compatibility issues with new project version and field
> based data objects.
>
> Please evaluate it and cast your votes.
>
> Maven repo: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapache
> cayenne-1019
> Assemblies: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cayenne/4.1.M1/
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Nikita Timofeev
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] 4.1.M1 release

Nikita Timofeev
Here is my +1

On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 2:21 PM, Michael Gentry <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> I was a bit concerned when it failed my Java 7 build, but then I remembered
> we were dropping support for Java 7 with 4.1...
>
> I don't have Java 9, so I didn't test that.
>
> Thanks!
>
> mrg
>
>
> On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 7:11 AM, Nikita Timofeev <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> While 4.0.B2 is almost done, I have 4.1.M1 release finally ready (hope
>> it's better this time).
>> This version should support Java 9 (clean build, MacOS and generic
>> modeler; Windows Modeler still broken).
>> It includes fixes for problems found during first evaluation:
>> CAY-2366, compatibility issues with new project version and field
>> based data objects.
>>
>> Please evaluate it and cast your votes.
>>
>> Maven repo: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapache
>> cayenne-1019
>> Assemblies: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cayenne/4.1.M1/
>>
>> --
>> Best regards,
>> Nikita Timofeev
>>



--
Best regards,
Nikita Timofeev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] 4.1.M1 release

Andrus Adamchik
In reply to this post by Nikita Timofeev
My usual checklist:

1. MD5/SHA512 matches
2. Signature checks
3. rat passes
4. LICENSE and NOTICE files present in the root of the distro
5. builds from source
6. Modeler runs on OS X
7. Cross-platform Modeler runs on OS X
8. Modeler runs on Windows
9. Upgrade LinkRest/LinkMove using the Maven repo.

Everything has passed, including LinkRest and LinkMove tests. So I am adding my +1.

Also Nikita is on vacation for a few weeks, so I am taking over the vote management.

The vote has been going for more than a week, with the following results:

Michael Gentry +1
Nikita Timofeev +1
Andrus Adamchik +1

So we have 3 +1's from the PMC members and can close the vote. I will go through the checklist to publish the release and will send an announcement.

Thanks everyone and congrats on our first 4.1 milestone!!

Andrus


> On Oct 6, 2017, at 2:11 PM, Nikita Timofeev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> While 4.0.B2 is almost done, I have 4.1.M1 release finally ready (hope
> it's better this time).
> This version should support Java 9 (clean build, MacOS and generic
> modeler; Windows Modeler still broken).
> It includes fixes for problems found during first evaluation:
> CAY-2366, compatibility issues with new project version and field
> based data objects.
>
> Please evaluate it and cast your votes.
>
> Maven repo: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecayenne-1019
> Assemblies: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cayenne/4.1.M1/
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Nikita Timofeev