[VOTE] 4.0.B2 release, second try

Nikita Timofeev
Hi all,

I've fixed CAY-2366 that blocked first release attempt.
So here are updated files, please evaluate and cast your votes.

Maven repo: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecayenne-1018
Assemblies: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cayenne/4.0.B2/

Best regards,
Nikita Timofeev

Re: [VOTE] 4.0.B2 release, second try

Aristedes Maniatis-2
On 26/9/17 10:58PM, Nikita Timofeev wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've fixed CAY-2366 that blocked first release attempt.
> So here are updated files, please evaluate and cast your votes.
>
> Maven repo: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecayenne-1018
> Assemblies: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cayenne/4.0.B2/

Will the modeler in this version run on Java 9?

Ari

--
-------------------------->
Aristedes Maniatis
GPG fingerprint CBFB 84B4 738D 4E87 5E5C  5EFA EF6A 7D2E 3E49 102A

Re: [VOTE] 4.0.B2 release, second try

Andrus Adamchik

> On Sep 27, 2017, at 3:40 AM, Aristedes Maniatis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 26/9/17 10:58PM, Nikita Timofeev wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've fixed CAY-2366 that blocked first release attempt.
>> So here are updated files, please evaluate and cast your votes.
>>
>> Maven repo: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecayenne-1018
>> Assemblies: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cayenne/4.0.B2/
>>

> Will the modeler in this version run on Java 9?

While I haven't tested it extensively, I think it should work, except the OSX version:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/18424beb5cd046302872a8baa2b7ccd8dd4d6600a390200d941f279b@%3Cdev.cayenne.apache.org%3E

Re: [VOTE] 4.0.B2 release, second try

> On Sep 26, 2017, at 3:58 PM, Nikita Timofeev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I've fixed CAY-2366 that blocked first release attempt.
> So here are updated files, please evaluate and cast your votes.
>
> Maven repo: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecayenne-1018
> Assemblies: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cayenne/4.0.B2/

I just verified the release, going through these steps:

1. MD5/SHA512 matches
2. Signature checks
3. rat passes
4. LICENSE and NOTICE files present in the root of the distro
5. builds from source
6. Modeler runs on OS X
7. Cross-platform Modeler runs on OS X
8. Modeler runs on Windows
9. Upgrade LinkRest/LinkMove using the Maven repo.

All of them succeeded. Here is my +1.

Andrus

P.S. I created a little script to automate mundane and error-prone artifact signature checking process - https://github.com/andrus/cayenne-release-tools . Feel free to use as you see fit.

Re: [VOTE] 4.0.B2 release, second try

All of my release checks passed.  +1

Thanks Nikita!

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 8:58 AM, Nikita Timofeev <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've fixed CAY-2366 that blocked first release attempt.
> So here are updated files, please evaluate and cast your votes.
>
> Maven repo: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/
> orgapachecayenne-1018
> Assemblies: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cayenne/4.0.B2/
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Nikita Timofeev

Re: [VOTE] 4.0.B2 release, second try

Nikita Timofeev
Here is my final +1.

And final votes are following:
Andrus Adamchik (PMC) +1
Michael Gentry (PMC) +1
Nikita Timofeev (PMC) +1

I'll prepare news and close release tomorrow.

Thanks everybody!

Best regards,
Nikita Timofeev

Re: [VOTE] 4.0.B2 release, second try

Andrus Adamchik
Congrats everyone! A big step to 4.0 final.

Andrus

> On Oct 5, 2017, at 5:45 PM, Nikita Timofeev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Here is my final +1.
>
> And final votes are following:
> Andrus Adamchik (PMC) +1
> Michael Gentry (PMC) +1
> Nikita Timofeev (PMC) +1
>
> I'll prepare news and close release tomorrow.
>
> Thanks everybody!
>
> On Sun, Oct 1, 2017 at 5:22 PM, Michael Gentry <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> All of my release checks passed.  +1
>>
>> Thanks Nikita!
>>

>> On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 8:58 AM, Nikita Timofeev <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I've fixed CAY-2366 that blocked first release attempt.
>>> So here are updated files, please evaluate and cast your votes.
>>>
>>> Maven repo: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/
>>> orgapachecayenne-1018
>>> Assemblies: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cayenne/4.0.B2/
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best regards,
>>> Nikita Timofeev
>>>

> --
> Best regards,
> Nikita Timofeev

Re: [VOTE] 4.0.B2 release, second try

Thanks for all the hard work you did, Nikita!