[VOTE] 4.0.B1 Release

Nikita Timofeev
Hi all,

4.0 BETA release is almost here!

Please evaluate it and cast your votes.

Here are links:
Maven repo: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecayenne-1015
Assemblies: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cayenne/4.0.B1/

--
Best regards,
Nikita Timofeev

Re: [VOTE] 4.0.B1 Release

Michael Gentry
All of my release steps passed.  +1

Thanks Nikita!

On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 12:21 PM, Nikita Timofeev <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> 4.0 BETA release is almost here!
>
> Please evaluate it and cast your votes.
>
> Here are links:
> Maven repo: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/
> orgapachecayenne-1015
> Assemblies: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cayenne/4.0.B1/
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Nikita Timofeev

Re: [VOTE] 4.0.B1 Release

> On Jun 2, 2017, at 7:21 PM, Nikita Timofeev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> 4.0 BETA release is almost here!
>
> Please evaluate it and cast your votes.
>
> Here are links:
> Maven repo: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecayenne-1015
> Assemblies: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cayenne/4.0.B1/
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Nikita Timofeev

+1

Sorry for delay. Here is my checklist:

1. MD5 matches
2. Signature checks
3. rat passes
4. LICENSE and NOTICE files present in the root of the distro
5. builds from source
6. Modeler runs on OS X
7. Cross-platform Modeler runs on OS X
8. Modeler runs on Windows
9. Upgrade LinkRest/LinkMove using the Maven repo.

Everything works. Very thorough job. Thanks Nikita!

Any more PMC members are planning to cast their votes?

Re: [VOTE] 4.0.B1 Release

Savva Kolbachev-2
Here is my +1. I have been able to successfully check the release.

Thanks a lot Nikita for your enormous contribution!

On Sat, Jun 10, 2017 at 10:21 AM, Andrus Adamchik <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> > On Jun 2, 2017, at 7:21 PM, Nikita Timofeev <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > 4.0 BETA release is almost here!
> >
> > Please evaluate it and cast your votes.
> >
> > Here are links:
> > Maven repo: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/
> orgapachecayenne-1015
> > Assemblies: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cayenne/4.0.B1/
> >
> > --
> > Best regards,
> > Nikita Timofeev
>

> +1
>
> Sorry for delay. Here is my checklist:
>
> 1. MD5 matches
> 2. Signature checks
> 3. rat passes
> 4. LICENSE and NOTICE files present in the root of the distro
> 5. builds from source
> 6. Modeler runs on OS X
> 7. Cross-platform Modeler runs on OS X
> 8. Modeler runs on Windows
> 9. Upgrade LinkRest/LinkMove using the Maven repo.
>
> Everything works. Very thorough job. Thanks Nikita!
>
> Any more PMC members are planning to cast their votes?

Best Regards,
Savva Kolbachev

Re: [VOTE] 4.0.B1 Release

Aristedes Maniatis-2
On 10/6/17 5:21pm, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> Any more PMC members are planning to cast their votes?

I've been meaning to, but I've been unwell for almost a week and I just can't concentrate on the proper review I wanted to do. So don't wait for me.

My gut feeling is that we are in a good place for 4.0. I hope the new API choices make sense when seen as a whole.

Ari

--
-------------------------->
Aristedes Maniatis
GPG fingerprint CBFB 84B4 738D 4E87 5E5C  5EFA EF6A 7D2E 3E49 102A

Re: [VOTE] 4.0.B1 Release

Nikita Timofeev
Hi all,

We have everything ready for this really important release!
Thanks everyone!

Final votes are following:
Michael Gentry (PMC) +1
Andrus Adamchik (PMC) +1
Savva Kolbachev (PMC) +1

I'll make final steps required for the release today.

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 11:12 AM, Aristedes Maniatis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've been meaning to, but I've been unwell for almost a week and I just can't concentrate on the proper review I wanted to do. So don't wait for me.
>
> My gut feeling is that we are in a good place for 4.0. I hope the new API choices make sense when seen as a whole.

Hope you are well now, and thank you for all the feedback!

Nikita Timofeev

Re: [VOTE] 4.0.B1 Release

Andrus Adamchik
Thanks everybody! A huge milestone for Cayenne. From Git history it appears that 3.1 was branched out of master (which started 4.0 .. or as we called it 3.2 back then) on May 28, 2012. So it covers 5 years of active dev effort and a lot of paradigm shifts.

Anyways, I am finishing the announcement edits, and will post an announcement email to user@ and dev@. Also we are working on an official press release (and I am planning a 4.0 blog post that goes beyond the delta between M5 and B1).

Andrus