Using my own ObjectContext class

Hugi Thordarson
Hi all,
what is the proper way to have ServerRuntime.newContext() return my own implementation of ObjectContext? (inheriting from DataContext). Any reason why that would be discouraged?

Cheers,
- hugi

Re: Using my own ObjectContext class

Nikita Timofeev
Hi Hugi,

The "official" way to override newContext() result is to implement
your own ObjectContextFactory and inject it via custom Module.

You can do it like this:

ServerRuntime cayenneRuntime = ServerRuntime.builder("cayenne-project.xml")
        .addModule(binder ->
binder.bind(ObjectContextFactory.class).to(MyObjectContextFactory.class))
        .build();

You may also want to extend your ObjectContextFactory implementation
from DataContextFactory and just override newInstance(...) method.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Nikita Timofeev

Re: Using my own ObjectContext class