Reg | 'mvn cayenne-modeler:run' command still broken in 4.0.M5

Reg | 'mvn cayenne-modeler:run' command still broken in 4.0.M5

Sarva Ratchagan

Hi Gang,

    I just want make sure this "mvn cayenne-modeler:run" command working for all community developers or not. Because when I try to run cayenne modeler from my local environment It seems to be broken. I hope this issue already raised & fixed by Andrus. I can see some log against this issue in Jira.

 Please refer this link.

When I run this command, this is what I'm getting here.

Can anyone tell me why?

At the same time if I try with "mvn org.apache.cayenne.plugins:maven-cayenne-modeler-plugin:4.0.M5-SNAPSHOT:run" this command Its working perfect.

Thanks -

Sarva

Re: Reg | 'mvn cayenne-modeler:run' command still broken in 4.0.M5

Andrus Adamchik
So looking at this doc [1], it appears that we as plugin developers can't do much about it. Our plugins are outside of "org.apache.maven.plugins" group, so our prefix will not resolve by default. Instead Maven requires each user to edit their ~/.m2/settings.xml to add extra groups whose prefixes are to be resolved.

(I guess we need to add this bit to the docs).

Andrus

[1] https://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-plugin-prefix-mapping.html

> On Feb 10, 2017, at 7:22 AM, Sarva Ratchagan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Gang,
>
>     I just want make sure this "mvn cayenne-modeler:run" command working for all community developers or not. Because when I try to run cayenne modeler from my local environment It seems to be broken. I hope this issue already raised & fixed by Andrus. I can see some log against this issue in Jira.
>
>  Please refer this link.
>
>    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-1980
>
> When I run this command, this is what I'm getting here.
>

> Can anyone tell me why?
>

> At the same time if I try with "mvn org.apache.cayenne.plugins:maven-cayenne-modeler-plugin:4.0.M5-SNAPSHOT:run" this command Its working perfect.
>

> Thanks -
> Sarva

Re: Reg | 'mvn cayenne-modeler:run' command still broken in 4.0.M5

Andrus Adamchik
Ok, per Nikita's comment in Jira, we can actually fix it by renaming the plugin. Nice!

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-1980?focusedCommentId=15860865&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-15860865

Andrus

Thanks @Anrus & @Nikita

________________________________
Ok, per Nikita's comment in Jira, we can actually fix it by renaming the plugin. Nice!

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-1980?focusedCommentId=15860865&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-15860865

Andrus

> On Feb 10, 2017, at 3:02 PM, Andrus Adamchik <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> So looking at this doc [1], it appears that we as plugin developers can't do much about it. Our plugins are outside of "org.apache.maven.plugins" group, so our prefix will not resolve by default. Instead Maven requires each user to edit their ~/.m2/settings.xml to add extra groups whose prefixes are to be resolved.
>
> (I guess we need to add this bit to the docs).
>
> Andrus
>
> [1] https://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-plugin-prefix-mapping.html
Maven – Introduction to Plugin Prefix Resolution<https://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-plugin-prefix-mapping.html>
maven.apache.org
Introduction to Plugin Prefix Resolution. When you execute Maven using a standard lifecycle phase, resolving the plugins that participate in that lifecycle is a ...