[REPORT] Apache Cayenne - March 2017

Apache Cayenne is a Java database persistence framework. It takes a
distinct approach to object persistence and provides an ORM runtime,
remote persistence services, and a GUI mapping/modeling tool.

## Issues:

There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:

- Cayenne 3.1 (stable)
  - Maintenance only.

- Cayenne 4.0 (development)
  - This is where all current development effort is taking place.
    We just released a new milestone, which we hope to be our final
    milestone release before going into beta.

## Health report:

Cayenne is still under active development and has a stable user and
developer community.

## PMC changes:

- Currently 8 PMC members.
- No new PMC members added in the last 3 months.
- Last PMC addition was Savva Kolbachev on Tue Apr 12 2016.

## Committer base changes:

- Currently 21 committers.
- Nikita Timofeev was added as a committer on Fri Dec 23 2016

## Releases:

- Cayenne 4.0.M5 was announced on Mon Mar 6 2016.

## Mailing list activity:

- [hidden email]:
  - 128 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months)

- [hidden email]:
  - 250 subscribers (up 1 in the last 3 months)

The increase in mailing list traffic is due to an increase in developer
activity on the Cayenne milestones and from answering questions to those
trying out the new milestone features or trying to perform more advanced
operations using Cayenne.

## JIRA activity: