March 2017 Board Report

Michael Gentry
As always, please provide any feedback you might have before I submit it.

Apache Cayenne is a Java database persistence framework. It takes a
distinct approach to object persistence and provides an ORM runtime,
remote persistence services, and a GUI mapping/modeling tool.

## Issues:

There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:

- Cayenne 3.1 (stable)
  - No activity.

- Cayenne 4.0 (development)
  - This is where all current development effort is taking place.
    We just released a new milestone, which we hope to be our final
    milestone release before going into beta.

## Health report:

Cayenne is still under active development and has a stable user and
developer community.

## PMC changes:

- Currently 8 PMC members.
- No new PMC members added in the last 3 months.
- Last PMC addition was Savva Kolbachev on Tue Apr 12 2016.

## Committer base changes:

- Currently 21 committers.
- Nikita Timofeev was added as a committer on Fri Dec 23 2016

## Releases:

- Cayenne 4.0.M5 was announced on Mon Mar 6 2016.

## Mailing list activity:

- [hidden email]:
  - 128 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months)

- [hidden email]:
  - 250 subscribers (up 1 in the last 3 months)

## JIRA activity:

Re: March 2017 Board Report

Mike Kienenberger
You'll be told to remove the mailing list statistics unless they are
showing something important, in which case you want to specifically
state it (such as saying that we've had a dramatic increase in mailing
list participation recently).

Also, I'd change "No activity" for 3.x to "In maintenance mode"

On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 6:10 PM, Michael Gentry <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As always, please provide any feedback you might have before I submit it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> mrg

> Apache Cayenne is a Java database persistence framework. It takes a
> distinct approach to object persistence and provides an ORM runtime,
> remote persistence services, and a GUI mapping/modeling tool.
>

> ## Issues:
>
> There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
>

> ## Activity:
>
> - Cayenne 3.1 (stable)
>   - No activity.
>
> - Cayenne 4.0 (development)
>   - This is where all current development effort is taking place.
>     We just released a new milestone, which we hope to be our final
>     milestone release before going into beta.
>

> ## Health report:
>
> Cayenne is still under active development and has a stable user and
> developer community.
>

> ## PMC changes:
>
> - Currently 8 PMC members.
> - No new PMC members added in the last 3 months.
> - Last PMC addition was Savva Kolbachev on Tue Apr 12 2016.
>

> ## Committer base changes:
>
> - Currently 21 committers.
> - Nikita Timofeev was added as a committer on Fri Dec 23 2016
>

> ## Releases:
>
> - Cayenne 4.0.M5 was announced on Mon Mar 6 2016.
>

> ## Mailing list activity:
>
> - [hidden email]:
>   - 128 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months)
>   - 168 emails sent to list (81 in previous quarter)
>
> - [hidden email]:
>   - 250 subscribers (up 1 in the last 3 months)
>   - 208 emails sent to list (96 in previous quarter)
>

> ## JIRA activity:
>
> - 96 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
> - 82 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months

Re: March 2017 Board Report

Andrus Adamchik
> such as saying that we've had a dramatic increase in mailing
> list participation recently

Which is exactly what happened this quarter. So I think we should mention it.

Andrus

> On Mar 10, 2017, at 4:25 AM, Mike Kienenberger <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> You'll be told to remove the mailing list statistics unless they are
> showing something important, in which case you want to specifically
> state it (such as saying that we've had a dramatic increase in mailing
> list participation recently).
>

> Also, I'd change "No activity" for 3.x to "In maintenance mode"
>
> On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 6:10 PM, Michael Gentry <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> As always, please provide any feedback you might have before I submit it.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> mrg

>> Apache Cayenne is a Java database persistence framework. It takes a
>> distinct approach to object persistence and provides an ORM runtime,
>> remote persistence services, and a GUI mapping/modeling tool.
>>

>> ## Issues:
>>
>> There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
>>

>> ## Activity:
>>
>> - Cayenne 3.1 (stable)
>>  - No activity.
>>
>> - Cayenne 4.0 (development)
>>  - This is where all current development effort is taking place.
>>    We just released a new milestone, which we hope to be our final
>>    milestone release before going into beta.
>>

>> ## Health report:
>>
>> Cayenne is still under active development and has a stable user and
>> developer community.
>>

>> ## PMC changes:
>>
>> - Currently 8 PMC members.
>> - No new PMC members added in the last 3 months.
>> - Last PMC addition was Savva Kolbachev on Tue Apr 12 2016.
>>

>> ## Committer base changes:
>>
>> - Currently 21 committers.
>> - Nikita Timofeev was added as a committer on Fri Dec 23 2016
>>

>> ## Releases:
>>
>> - Cayenne 4.0.M5 was announced on Mon Mar 6 2016.
>>

>> ## Mailing list activity:
>>
>> - [hidden email]:
>>  - 128 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months)
>>  - 168 emails sent to list (81 in previous quarter)
>>
>> - [hidden email]:
>>  - 250 subscribers (up 1 in the last 3 months)
>>  - 208 emails sent to list (96 in previous quarter)
>>

>> ## JIRA activity:
>>
>> - 96 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
>> - 82 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months

Re: March 2017 Board Report

Michael Gentry
So explain it by mentioning more robust development activity and user
support for more advanced features and assisting those trying out the
milestone releases?