Jenkins stopped working

Andrus Adamchik
Yesterday I went to config console and added "postrgresdocker" profile. Saved and tried manually building it. The build exited in a few seconds with successful outcome without building anything:

https://builds.apache.org/job/cayenne-master/441/

I reverted my config back to "hsql h2 derby". Same result. Tried again today with no success.

Any Jenkins gurus here? Any idea why Jenkins suddenly stopped building?

Re: Jenkins stopped working

Andrew Lindesay
Hello Andrus;

Is it possible to get a screenshot (or read-only view) of the
configuration for that job?

Regards;

--
Andrew Lindesay

On Wed, 30 Nov 2016, at 21:46, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> Yesterday I went to config console and added "postrgresdocker" profile.
> Saved and tried manually building it. The build exited in a few seconds
> with successful outcome without building anything:
>
> https://builds.apache.org/job/cayenne-master/441/
>
> I reverted my config back to "hsql h2 derby". Same result. Tried again
> today with no success.
>
> Any Jenkins gurus here? Any idea why Jenkins suddenly stopped building?

Re: Jenkins stopped working

Andrus Adamchik
Hi Andrew,

Just uploaded 3 screenshots of the long config screen: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w3ihqasf4nr4s6v/AABrfRZ8UpqNZKee2C6nCXjOa?dl=0 . Hope you'll find some clues.

> On Nov 30, 2016, at 1:31 PM, Andrew Lindesay <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello Andrus;
>
> Is it possible to get a screenshot (or read-only view) of the
> configuration for that job?
>
> Regards;
>
> --
> Andrew Lindesay
>
> On Wed, 30 Nov 2016, at 21:46, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>> Yesterday I went to config console and added "postrgresdocker" profile.
>> Saved and tried manually building it. The build exited in a few seconds
>> with successful outcome without building anything:
>>
>> https://builds.apache.org/job/cayenne-master/441/
>>
>> I reverted my config back to "hsql h2 derby". Same result. Tried again
>> today with no success.
>>
>> Any Jenkins gurus here? Any idea why Jenkins suddenly stopped building?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Andrus

Re: Jenkins stopped working

Andrew Lindesay
Hi Andrus;

It looks OK.

Just guessing –– I wonder if it is related to the build-slave
"windows-2012-1"?

Cayenne doesn't seem to be bound to this slave;

https://builds.apache.org/computer/windows-2012-1/

Would it be possible to see if a build on another slave (maybe a linux
host) is working?

Regards;

--
Andrew Lindesay

On Wed, 30 Nov 2016, at 23:47, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> Just uploaded 3 screenshots of the long config screen:
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w3ihqasf4nr4s6v/AABrfRZ8UpqNZKee2C6nCXjOa?dl=0
> . Hope you'll find some clues.

> > On Nov 30, 2016, at 1:31 PM, Andrew Lindesay <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello Andrus;
> >
> > Is it possible to get a screenshot (or read-only view) of the
> > configuration for that job?
> >
> > Regards;
> >
> > --
> > Andrew Lindesay
> >
> > On Wed, 30 Nov 2016, at 21:46, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> >> Yesterday I went to config console and added "postrgresdocker" profile.
> >> Saved and tried manually building it. The build exited in a few seconds
> >> with successful outcome without building anything:
> >>
> >> https://builds.apache.org/job/cayenne-master/441/
> >>
> >> I reverted my config back to "hsql h2 derby". Same result. Tried again
> >> today with no success.
> >>
> >> Any Jenkins gurus here? Any idea why Jenkins suddenly stopped building?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Andrus

Re: Jenkins stopped working

Andrus Adamchik
Good point. I no longer see the Ubuntu slaves that we used on the list of machines. Let me try to locate other Linux machines.

Andrus

> On Nov 30, 2016, at 9:38 PM, Andrew Lindesay <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Andrus;
>
> It looks OK.
>
> Just guessing –– I wonder if it is related to the build-slave
> "windows-2012-1"?
>
> Cayenne doesn't seem to be bound to this slave;
>
> https://builds.apache.org/computer/windows-2012-1/
>
> Would it be possible to see if a build on another slave (maybe a linux
> host) is working?
>
> Regards;
>
> --
> Andrew Lindesay
>
> On Wed, 30 Nov 2016, at 23:47, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>> Hi Andrew,
>>
>> Just uploaded 3 screenshots of the long config screen:
>> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w3ihqasf4nr4s6v/AABrfRZ8UpqNZKee2C6nCXjOa?dl=0
>> . Hope you'll find some clues.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Andrus
>>
>>> On Nov 30, 2016, at 1:31 PM, Andrew Lindesay <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello Andrus;
>>>
>>> Is it possible to get a screenshot (or read-only view) of the
>>> configuration for that job?
>>>
>>> Regards;
>>>
>>> --
>>> Andrew Lindesay

Re: Jenkins stopped working

Andrus Adamchik
That was it.

I located config history and diffed the changes. Turned out one of my changes resulted in Ubuntu label being deleted from the config (why? who knows? I certainly didn't delete it explicitly). Also I couldn't readd it back, as the "Slave" section is disabled. But I succeeded adding another type of Axis - Label Expression - with the value of "ubuntu".

Seems to be building now. Fingers crossed.

Andrus