Introductions - Nikita and Ana

Andrus Adamchik
Hi dev@,

You've probably seen recent spike in Jira and GitHub activity. Pull requests cleaning up the Modeler and reverse-engineering were coming from Nikita (https://github.com/stariy95). What was less obvious is that many of the actual bug reports originated from Ana. Both are my colleagues. Nikita is a Java developer and Ana is a QA engineer. Doing full manual QA of CayenneModeler made a very big difference.

They are both subscribed to dev and I am encouraging them now to work more directly with the community via this list, Jira, and other open channels. I.e. follow what we call "the Apache way" of open source development.

So please welcome Ana and Nikita! I am looking forward to their future contributions to Cayenne.

Cheers,

Re: Introductions - Nikita and Ana

Aristedes Maniatis-2
On 17/11/16 9:48pm, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> So please welcome Ana and Nikita!

Welcome! You'll find us friendly people, so please email the list for absolutely any reason, no matter how trivial. Also remember that many people subscribed here aren't always seeing each pull request, so you might need to let us know if you need more feedback.

Ari

--
-------------------------->
Aristedes Maniatis
GPG fingerprint CBFB 84B4 738D 4E87 5E5C  5EFA EF6A 7D2E 3E49 102A

Re: Introductions - Nikita and Ana

Nikita Timofeev
Hi all!
Thank you for good welcoming!

And I'm taking you advice and mailing my first question for the community.
Is there any chance I can get dev access to Cayenne JIRA? I'm investigating
now several problems reported there but I can't mark any activity.

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 9:22 AM, Aristedes Maniatis <[hidden email]>

Best regards,
Nikita Timofeev

Re: Introductions - Nikita and Ana

Andrus Adamchik

> On Nov 18, 2016, at 3:37 PM, Nikita Timofeev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is there any chance I can get dev access to Cayenne JIRA? I'm investigating
> now several problems reported there but I can't mark any activity.

What's your Jira account? I may try to tweak the permissions within the access groups that we have.

Re: Introductions - Nikita and Ana

Andrus Adamchik

> On Nov 18, 2016, at 4:01 PM, Andrus Adamchik <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On Nov 18, 2016, at 3:37 PM, Nikita Timofeev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Is there any chance I can get dev access to Cayenne JIRA? I'm investigating
>> now several problems reported there but I can't mark any activity.
>
> What's your Jira account? I may try to tweak the permissions within the access groups that we have.

Never mind. Found it. I added you to the "contributors" role. Let me know if that helped.

Re: Introductions - Nikita and Ana

Nikita Timofeev
Thanks Andrus!
That really helped.

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 4:36 PM, Andrus Adamchik <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> > On Nov 18, 2016, at 4:01 PM, Andrus Adamchik <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >

> >> On Nov 18, 2016, at 3:37 PM, Nikita Timofeev <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Is there any chance I can get dev access to Cayenne JIRA? I'm
> investigating
> >> now several problems reported there but I can't mark any activity.
> >
> > What's your Jira account? I may try to tweak the permissions within the
> access groups that we have.
>

> Never mind. Found it. I added you to the "contributors" role. Let me know
> if that helped.

Best regards,
Nikita Timofeev

Re: Introductions - Nikita and Ana

I've indeed seen the GitHub/Jira flood and knew something was afoot.

It is nice having additional contributions to the project, so welcome
aboard Nikita and Ana.  Please feel free to engage us on the mailing lists,
etc.

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 5:48 AM, Andrus Adamchik <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi dev@,
>
> You've probably seen recent spike in Jira and GitHub activity. Pull
> requests cleaning up the Modeler and reverse-engineering were coming from
> Nikita (https://github.com/stariy95). What was less obvious is that many
> of the actual bug reports originated from Ana. Both are my colleagues.
> Nikita is a Java developer and Ana is a QA engineer. Doing full manual QA
> of CayenneModeler made a very big difference.
>
> They are both subscribed to dev and I am encouraging them now to work more
> directly with the community via this list, Jira, and other open channels.
> I.e. follow what we call "the Apache way" of open source development.
>
> So please welcome Ana and Nikita! I am looking forward to their future
> contributions to Cayenne.
>
> Cheers,

Re: Introductions - Nikita and Ana

Michael Gentry
I saw Nikita's ICLA come through on [hidden email].  Think that is Status
Report worthy?  (Since I need to do that this weekend.)

Thanks in advance,

mrg

PS. Didn't see one for Ana, but that's probably not a concern.

On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 8:59 AM, Michael Gentry <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've indeed seen the GitHub/Jira flood and knew something was afoot.
>
> It is nice having additional contributions to the project, so welcome
> aboard Nikita and Ana.  Please feel free to engage us on the mailing lists,
> etc.
>
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 5:48 AM, Andrus Adamchik <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi dev@,
>>
>> You've probably seen recent spike in Jira and GitHub activity. Pull
>> requests cleaning up the Modeler and reverse-engineering were coming from
>> Nikita (https://github.com/stariy95). What was less obvious is that many
>> of the actual bug reports originated from Ana. Both are my colleagues.
>> Nikita is a Java developer and Ana is a QA engineer. Doing full manual QA
>> of CayenneModeler made a very big difference.
>>
>> They are both subscribed to dev and I am encouraging them now to work
>> more directly with the community via this list, Jira, and other open
>> channels. I.e. follow what we call "the Apache way" of open source
>> development.
>>
>> So please welcome Ana and Nikita! I am looking forward to their future
>> contributions to Cayenne.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Andrus

Re: Introductions - Nikita and Ana

Andrus Adamchik
You do mention Nikita's contributions in general. Mentioning the CLA specifically probably not that important.

We also had a few pull requests related to Travis port (and a signed CLA) from Ruslan Ibragimov.

Andrus

> On Dec 10, 2016, at 1:25 AM, Michael Gentry <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I saw Nikita's ICLA come through on [hidden email].  Think that is Status
> Report worthy?  (Since I need to do that this weekend.)
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> mrg
>
> PS. Didn't see one for Ana, but that's probably not a concern.
>

> On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 8:59 AM, Michael Gentry <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I've indeed seen the GitHub/Jira flood and knew something was afoot.
>>
>> It is nice having additional contributions to the project, so welcome
>> aboard Nikita and Ana.  Please feel free to engage us on the mailing lists,
>> etc.
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 5:48 AM, Andrus Adamchik <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi dev@,
>>>
>>> You've probably seen recent spike in Jira and GitHub activity. Pull
>>> requests cleaning up the Modeler and reverse-engineering were coming from
>>> Nikita (https://github.com/stariy95). What was less obvious is that many
>>> of the actual bug reports originated from Ana. Both are my colleagues.
>>> Nikita is a Java developer and Ana is a QA engineer. Doing full manual QA
>>> of CayenneModeler made a very big difference.
>>>
>>> They are both subscribed to dev and I am encouraging them now to work
>>> more directly with the community via this list, Jira, and other open
>>> channels. I.e. follow what we call "the Apache way" of open source
>>> development.
>>>
>>> So please welcome Ana and Nikita! I am looking forward to their future
>>> contributions to Cayenne.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Andrus

Re: Introductions - Nikita and Ana

Michael Gentry
I overlooked Ruslan's contributions.  Thanks for the reminder!

mrg