Identity column

Lon Varscsak
Hey guys, I have a table (or three) that uses identity columns (Sybase
generated values…not like a sequence).  Looking at the 3.0 docs it suggests
that it supports this for SQLServer (which was originally based on
Sybase)…but I can’t seem to find it in the code.  Any idea where this is?
Does it still exist?

Thanks,

Lon

Re: Identity column

Nikita Timofeev
Hi Lon,

Here is support for identity columns in SQLServerAdapter: [1] and [2].
And yes SybaseAdapter doesn't support this.

[1] https://github.com/apache/cayenne/blob/master/cayenne-server/src/main/java/org/apache/cayenne/dba/sqlserver/SQLServerAdapter.java#L93
[2] https://github.com/apache/cayenne/blob/master/cayenne-server/src/main/java/org/apache/cayenne/dba/sqlserver/SQLServerAdapter.java#L138

Best regards,
Nikita Timofeev

Re: Identity column

Lon Varscsak
Ah, sweet.  It works perfectly for Sybase, I’ll submit a pull request.

-Lon