Feedback on SQLTemplate scripting

Gili

        Just some feedback for
http://www.objectstyle.org/cayenne/userguide/fetch/sqltemplate-scripting.html

        While this approach is slightly more powerful than Hibernate's HQL
syntax, it is far more difficult to build or read this syntax (in my
view). Are there any plans to clean it up sometime in the future?
Scripting inside SQL sounds extremely ugly to me :) Just my 2 cents...

Gili
http://www.desktopbeautifier.com/

Re: Feedback on SQLTemplate scripting

Andrus Adamchik
The goal of SQLTemplate scripting is not a new SQL dialect, but an
ability to create dynamic queries in the target SQL dialect of a
given DB. There is no point to provide a Cayenne analog.

There is a separate place for db-independent expressions - Cayenne
Expression API ("exp" package). It is true that SQLTemplate presence
made expanding current Expression API to more advanced cases a much
much lower priority, but what you asking for (if I understand what
HQL does... never used Hibernate) definitely belongs there and has
little to do with SQLTemplate.

Andrus