DataView

Adrian Wiesmann
Hi list

Back in the times there was that thing called DataView. DataViews take
care how a UI should work with data from Cayenne. See
https://cayenne.apache.org/docs/1.2/dataviews.html for a quick reminder.

Since things slowed down around v1.2 of Cayenne, I started to fork
DataViews and integrated them into what I called Gozer. While Gozer
could render PDF and CSV, it first of all was meant as the renderer for
my Wicket based OSS app.

I haven't worked with Cayenne in a while and am currently thinking about
dusting off Gozer (DataView) and bringing it up to date.

Just a quick check so that I do not re-invent the wheel: Is there
anything I missed in the last few years regarding the DataViews or are
there similar projects nowadays which I should look at first?

Regards,
Adrian

Re: DataView

Andrus Adamchik
Hi Adrian,

You haven't missed anything, other than the new Cayenne APIs :) DataViews development was frozen back then, and to the best of my knowledge no one did any work on that.

Andrus