CreateIfNoSchemaStrategy with multiple DataMaps/DataNodes

CreateIfNoSchemaStrategy with multiple DataMaps/DataNodes

Hugi Thordarson
Hi all,

a little dilemma. On application startup, I need to generate a DB schema for only one DataMap/DataNode in a multi DataMap/DataNode environment.

CreateIfNoSchemaStrategy isn't quite cutting it since it will check for existence of *all* DbEntity names in the DataDomain, including DbEntity names from other DataNodes—which it finds exists and and thus won't generate any schema at all.

Would you consider this a bug or expected behaviour? I'd think CreateIfNoSchemaStrategy should only check for names of DbEntities in DataMaps related to the DataNode.

Cheers,
- hugi

Re: CreateIfNoSchemaStrategy with multiple DataMaps/DataNodes

Andrus Adamchik
From this description looks like a bug.

Andrus

> On Dec 6, 2017, at 10:48 AM, Hugi Thordarson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> a little dilemma. On application startup, I need to generate a DB schema for only one DataMap/DataNode in a multi DataMap/DataNode environment.
>
> CreateIfNoSchemaStrategy isn't quite cutting it since it will check for existence of *all* DbEntity names in the DataDomain, including DbEntity names from other DataNodes—which it finds exists and and thus won't generate any schema at all.
>
> Would you consider this a bug or expected behaviour? I'd think CreateIfNoSchemaStrategy should only check for names of DbEntities in DataMaps related to the DataNode.
>
> Cheers,
> - hugi

Re: CreateIfNoSchemaStrategy with multiple DataMaps/DataNodes

Hugi Thordarson
Thanks Andrus, yes, this was not the behaviour I expected. I wrote a fix for my own project and will soon take a better look at improvements to submit, once this crazy christmas season slows down.

Cheers,
- hugi